Saturday, January 1, 2011

Spider-Man: Redemption and the Clone Saga in General

So it's officially January 1st and time to really start reading. Last night before I went to sleep, I read Spider-Man: Redemption. This mini-series was the sequel to Spider-Man: The Lost Years. It starred Ben Reilly, Kaine, and Janine, Ben's love interest. There was a lot of internal monologue, and like most of the clone saga, I'd have hated to read it one issue at a time. That being said, it was a solid 4 issue story.

I'm sure that I'll touch more on this in future entries, but unlike most people, I kind of like the Clone Saga. It did go on too long, and was a bit convoluted at times, but it created some very interesting characters like Kaine and Ben Reilly. I've really liked that in the past year or two Marvel has finally used these characters. It would be really cool if they figured out a way to bring Ben back, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, I'm tired, hung over, and have a lot more reading to do today, so I'll see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment