Friday, January 7, 2011

More on the Clone Saga

This will probably be a relatively short entry. Basically, I've been trying to finish up the Spider-Man Clone Saga this week. I'm about two or three story arcs from the end, and am starting to realize why so many people hated this story. Read through as a whole, especially if you skip some of the weaker stories, it created some cool characters and told some fun stories. I love Ben Reilly as a character, but forcing myself to read absolutely everything back to back like this makes me sick of how long every reveal takes and some of these stories make no sense and are just bad. The Return of Kaine and Web of Carnage story arcs both had potential. They both featured some cool characters coming after Ben, but Return of Kaine had Kaine involved in some kind of stupid gladiator-type thing, and Web of Carnage was simply poorly written. Even some of the art was unbearable in these two arcs.

Anyway, hopefully soon I'll be able to close that 3/4 box of clone saga books and start reading stuff that I bought when I first started collecting. Civil War here we come!(I hope.)

No comments:

Post a Comment